Monday, November 4, 2013

Dad

Hello!

If you are receiving this message it is because you, in some way, are friends with or are related to Rocky Henderson. My father is turning 55 this year, and to celebrate I’d like to put together a little surprise for him. The goal is to fill 55 envelopes with 55 memories from his family and friends. My dad is QUITE the character, and I’m sure there are some stories out there he would love to re-live.

This is why I need your help.

If you could please take a moment to jot down your favorite memory or a story you have of the infamous Rocky Henderson, and send it my way, I would be forever grateful. There are no rules when it comes to the memory itself. You can write a full letter, you can write 1 sentence, or just a couple of words. You can send it by Facebook, by email, or by regular mail. It can be hand written or typed. You can sign your name, or asked to be left anonymous. If you have more than one memory PLEASE feel free to send multiples my way!

The only thing I ask is that you put them on separate pieces of paper, or separate emails/messages so that I can put them in separate envelopes. The only rule to this project is that IT MUST REMAIN A SECRET! My dad can’t find out about it or it will lose a little bit of the magic :) Feel free to pass this message on to others you know would like to participate (I do have 55 envelopes to fill!), just ask that they, too, keep it a secret!

I’m hoping to get enough to finish before the end of November. His birthday is Dec 21st, (so please keep it a secret until after then!)

Here’s how to contact me:

By email:
HendersonVL@vcu.edu

By Facebook message:
www.facebook.com/lachelleh

By mail:
6407 Trailview Circle
Apt 303
Chester VA, 23831

By text message:
(804) 971- 8083

Thank you SO much for taking a few moments of your time to participate. This means a lot to me, and I’m sure it will mean a lot to my father on his birthday.

Thanks again,
Lachelle Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment